Friday, January 29, 2010

#103 Pattern of the Week

This weeks featured pattern is #103! The pattern includes sizes 3 - 24 month, boy or girl sleeves, and can be made with a Peter Pan collar, square collar, or an overlay.

This knicker is made from a floral print, with a white collar, which has been edged with a machine scallop stitch. The smocking design is included in the pattern.
The white on white striped fabric, along with the blue and white Whipped Stitched Piping, makes this outfit dressy enough for Easter!
I added tiny tucks and little blue buttons to dress up an otherwise plain yoke.
Featured in "Sew Beautiful Magazine", the knicker on the right features an overlay with decorative buttons, and smocking.

This sweet version, appeared in an issue of "Creative Needle Magazine" several years ago. I love how fresh the yellow fabric looks!

Are you starting to plan your Easter sewing? Are you dragging out your old magazines for inspiration? Are you anxiously waiting for the sewing shops to get in the new Spring fabrics? I would love to hear where you are in the creative process!

Right now, I am watching it begin to sleet outside, so I am having visions of "Spring weather dancing through my head!"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It thrills me to know that I am not the only one dragging out all my old magazines and sticking post it notes everywhere! I have more projects marked than I can ever complete. I have the yellow boy's suit with the overlay marked. I just completed a daygown and used the scalloped edge to finish it as you did on the collar. Mine does not look as neat as yours--any tips. I love your blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails