Thursday, November 3, 2011

A Dress For The Birthday Girl

It seems impossible that Emma is about to turn 1 year old! Even more impossible was how much trouble that I had deciding what to send for her to wear. It is still pretty warm where they are in Arizona, so I decided that I would go simple for the dress and we can always put a sweater with it. The dress is made using pattern #122 and the applique' is from planetapplique.com. Since I envisioned Emma getting to eat a cup cake in this dress, I decided to use a really inexpensive cotton polyester twill blend fabric.

I used white seersucker and green gingham for the collar and applique'. I decided to dress the collar up a little by hand stitching white rick rack to the piping before constructing the garment.

You can watch the next blog for the "back up" birthday outfit!

Michie'

3 comments:

Jan M said...

A perfect cupcake-eating dress! I love the touch of green gingham on the collar and sleeves!

Theresa said...

Hi, love this little dress. Can you tell me how you turned the hem up? I see you stitched it twice.
Thanks so much for your inspiration!

Linda said...

Could you share how you attached piping on sleeves? Your creativity is a marvel!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails