Monday, July 19, 2010

A Gift for Baby Girl

Although I do not have grandchildren yet, my kid's friends are have babies all over the place! I am calling this "Grandma practice." Last week Anna took me to see her friend's brand new baby girl and they actually let me hold the baby! This new baby lives next door to where Tim is building a house, so I am looking forward to my path crossing Ella Grace's quite often.

This little dress is the gift that I picked out to send to the new baby. It is made using pattern #130, sweet and simple with tiny tucks and a pink bias band attached to the collar with bridging. Tiny pink buttons and a touch of pink embroidery added the finishing touches to the dress.

I didn't tell the mommy that Ella Grace was one of the smallest babies that I have ever held and tried to look confident in my baby holding skills. The best part was that "new baby" smell lingered on my hands all afternoon!

Michie'

2 comments:

Morgane @ Bear,Dolly and Moi said...

your dress is so precious, so full of beautiful details.
I love your work!

Patti H in MS said...

What a beautiful dress - and what a lucky little girl!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails