Monday, May 17, 2010

A Pair of Helping Hands

She showed up and said, "Do you need some help?" That sounds like a dream....but it REALLY happened! I thought quickly and replied, "Would you like to come one day a week and do bookkeeping, computer layouts, and other non creative stuff?" "Sure" she said. "What are you working on now?" I showed her the project that I was trying to layout on the computer and went back to my sewing. Half an hour later she said, "Look at this and see if it is what you have in mind." My heart began to race, I think I heard angels sing, she had just accomplished what would have taken me an entire day and much muttering at the computer.


And best of all, it is our daughter Anna, who I don't get to see near as much as I would like! I CAN HARDLY WAIT until this coming Thursday for our next "Girl Workday."


Michie'

7 comments:

Jeannie B. said...

I want one of those, you lucky duck you!!

Unknown said...

This is a beautiful post. My daughter is 10 now and I hope to have this same wonderful relationship when we're older.

Tammy@Simple Southern Happiness said...

What a delight you have there, I know she fills your life with so much joy. Thank you for this deligthful post and what an awesome creative talented person she is. She takes after her mom... of course.

Gail said...

You knew she would be a blessing to you, but did you ever imagine in how many ways she would bless you? Just wait--there's more to come!

(by the way, my youngest daughter got an offer from that place where our husbands work!!)

Kathleen said...

Daughters are such blessings, aren't they?

zees5 said...

Michie`, she looks just like you. What a blessing she is! My 10 year old occassionally asks how she can help. It swells my heart so much - it's like no other feeling in the world! God bless you, Page

Laurie said...

Ohhh, you are soooo lucky and blessed at the same time! I wish I had a pair of helping hands by my side!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails