Friday, June 26, 2009

Flower Girl Dresses

Last Spring I got the phone call from college that can turn your world upside down... "Guess what, I'm getting married!" My reaction was, "You can't, I don't know how to plan a wedding!" But as the youngest child and only daughter, she was sure I could pull it off if she gave me 3 months. Fortunately she wanted something simple and we were able to do the planning through phone calls and emails while she fininshed up her semester of college out of state. Her one request was that I not bother to make the wedding dress but to make the two flower girl dresses instead. Considering that she had found the perfect dress for less than I could make it and that children's clothes are my specialty, I thought it was an excellent plan. She described what she wanted, I emailed a couple of sketches for her to chose from. The pattern she chose was #131 Classic Dress. The dress was made from lavender Imperial Broadcloth with tucks added across the bodice. The sash was ribbon that was purchased at a craft store and then I added silk ribbon flowers, leaves, and seed pearls to dress it up a little. The dress turned out perfect for our simple afternoon wedding and were dresses that the little girls could enjoy wearing over and over again.

2 comments:

Tiff said...

Beautiful! I know who to call now when i'll be looking for those flower girl dresses-don't tell my mom! I am out of town for the weekend; also at a wedding! Tiffany

flower girl dress said...

I believe that silk is in fact a soft material but a raw and true silk really includes a stiff and crispy in characteristic

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails