Friday, December 3, 2010

A Baby Shower Gift

Although I have know for months that I was going to need a baby shower gift, I was caught off guard when the invitation came in the mail! This is also one of those cases where the parents don't want to know whether baby is a boy or a girl ahead of time. So, the challenge was to make a gown suitable for either and a winter baby at that! I had enough Australian Cashmere Flannel left from Emma's gown and I always have plenty of gingham scraps on hand.

The gown is a variation of pattern #128 and goes together quickly. I made the gown and a matching blanket and then did the embroidery after all of the sewing was completed. The embroidered bunnies can be found in the "Heirloom Embroidery Book" and are done with a Back Stitch. The tutorial for adapting the gown can be found in a previous blog.



Michie'

3 comments:

seamsgreat said...

Cute,cute, cute! Need to put this one on my "gotta make" list.

Laurie said...

I LOVE this!! I too, need to put this on my "gotta make" list - it's just DARLING!!!

Baby Shower Photo Invitations said...

So gorgeous and cute! I wish I had a baby soon!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails