Thursday, January 28, 2010

Free Smocking Design

Here is the smocking design that I promised to share! It is a beginner level design with basic cables, waves, and trellises.

The bishop design.

Row 1: Cable Stitch

Rows 1 1/2 - 3: Three rows of half row, Baby Waves

Row 3: Baby Wave, 3 step Wave Trellis

Row 4 - 5 1/2: 5 step Wave Trellis

Row 4 1/2 - 6: 5 step Wave Trellis

The sleeve design.

Rows 1 1/2 - 3: 3 rows of Baby Waves
To view a printable version, click here.

If you need a good reference book to help you get started smocking, my favorites are "The Joy of Smocking" and "A-Z Smocking."

These cold winter nights are perfect for smocking!


Cheryl M. said...

I'm going to use your design on my next bishop and it just happens to be pleated and waiting on a hanger to be smocked! Thanks :)

Michie' said...

I would love to see a picture when you are done.

ivoryspring said...


Thank you for sharing the design. I am going to use it to make my baby a spring bishop! :)

If you don't mind, I would like to add you to my blogroll.

Michie' said...

Ivoryspring, I would be most flattered to be added to your blogroll!


Related Posts with Thumbnails