Thursday, January 28, 2010

Free Smocking Design

Here is the smocking design that I promised to share! It is a beginner level design with basic cables, waves, and trellises.

The bishop design.

Row 1: Cable Stitch

Rows 1 1/2 - 3: Three rows of half row, Baby Waves

Row 3: Baby Wave, 3 step Wave Trellis

Row 4 - 5 1/2: 5 step Wave Trellis

Row 4 1/2 - 6: 5 step Wave Trellis

The sleeve design.

Rows 1 1/2 - 3: 3 rows of Baby Waves
To view a printable version, click here.

If you need a good reference book to help you get started smocking, my favorites are "The Joy of Smocking" and "A-Z Smocking."

These cold winter nights are perfect for smocking!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to use your design on my next bishop and it just happens to be pleated and waiting on a hanger to be smocked! Thanks :)

Michie' Mooney said...

I would love to see a picture when you are done.

Anonymous said...

Michie,

Thank you for sharing the design. I am going to use it to make my baby a spring bishop! :)

If you don't mind, I would like to add you to my blogroll.

Michie' Mooney said...

Ivoryspring, I would be most flattered to be added to your blogroll!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails