Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Thankful Heart


A season of thanksgiving.  Wouldn't that be better than just one day set aside.  I am embracing a heart of thankfulness that although his health declines my husband still enjoys an afternoon drive, visits with family and friends, and loves for me just to sit with him.  We have had to adopt a quieter life this past year which has actually made us feel a bit more grounded and settled.  These life changes reminded us of how simple things were when we first married and our only goal was to be together.  We are thankful that we can both see God still working in our lives and recognize the gift He has given us in each other.

"Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise, give thanks to him and praise his name."    Psalm 100:4

Michie'
.

5 comments:

Laurie said...

How true. Blessings to you and your family during our season on thanks giving.

Arlene G said...

I hope you all have a blessed Thanksgiving Michie.

Patrice said...

I'm sorry to hear that your husband's health is still declining. I had hoped it was holding steady. I will say a prayer for that for this coming year!
Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, Michie'.

Teri K. said...

You have a wonderful attitude. Best wishes to you and your family for special holiday blessings.

Jan M said...

I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving, and wish you a glorious Advent and Christmas!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails