Saturday, August 25, 2012

The Sewing Dare



Have you ever had a favorite blouse that you wish would last forever?  Well, I did and the blouse finally fell apart on the very day that Anna had dared me to use the old one as a pattern and make a new one. Since I find it hard to pass up a dare from Anna and I happened to have 2 yards of $4.99 fabric on hand and pretty boring weekend ahead of me, I stepped up to the challenge.


I split the old blouse along each seam, pressed the pieces, pinned them to tracing paper, traced around each piece, and then added the seam allowances.  I did discover along the way that carefully labeling the pattern pieces would have been helpful.  :)  I was pleasantly surprised at how well the blouse turned out and have already worn it several times!

Sewing for myself is something that I rarely do, but I must admit that I am now inspired to try another project.  This is one of those times in sewing where you must look at the project as an experiment and a journey and hope for the best.

Michie'

3 comments:

Laurie said...

Most of my sewing projects are experiments and journeys. Can't wait to see if I get my Titanic dress by next weekend.

Smocking with Gwen said...

Michie'...great idea! Even better would be if you could share the pattern...LOL!!! Don't know about everyone else, but I have been disappointed in the fabric quality in most of the high end designer blouses. I really don't want to wear sheer fabrics at my age!

Mrs.T said...

You were brave to try that! Great results!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails