Have you ever had a favorite blouse that you wish would last forever? Well, I did and the blouse finally fell apart on the very day that Anna had dared me to use the old one as a pattern and make a new one. Since I find it hard to pass up a dare from Anna and I happened to have 2 yards of $4.99 fabric on hand and pretty boring weekend ahead of me, I stepped up to the challenge.
I split the old blouse along each seam, pressed the pieces, pinned them to tracing paper, traced around each piece, and then added the seam allowances. I did discover along the way that carefully labeling the pattern pieces would have been helpful. :) I was pleasantly surprised at how well the blouse turned out and have already worn it several times!
Sewing for myself is something that I rarely do, but I must admit that I am now inspired to try another project. This is one of those times in sewing where you must look at the project as an experiment and a journey and hope for the best.