Thursday, July 12, 2012

Snaps For Play Clothes


I might as well go ahead and admit that I hate dealing with grippers or snaps as much as you do!  With all the play clothes that I have made for the summer, it was time to get back to basics and start using the same type of metal snaps that I used when my kids were little.  After I bought a new Dritz  snap kit, I found my 35 year old one in the drawer.  They haven't changed one tiny bit, but since a hammer is used in the project my old one is pretty beat up.



A little hint here, take time to really think through which way the snaps should face.  The bubble pictured is correct.  Also, you might want to have a few extra snaps in case you drop one under the deck while using the hammer and decided it is not worth going after......


Michie'

6 comments:

Aunt Honey said...

I hate doing snaps -- mine always bend! Can't wait to see what you're working on there!

Eileen said...

I love that floral!

KathyD said...

You've been making such cute play clothes! I am not a snap fan either, but they are sometimes necessary. I've loved using the snaps that are from Snapsource - they are available in colors and the plastic setting tool is easy to use.

Beverly said...

That is exactly what I use. I went searching through my sewing supplies once I started having to put snaps on. I know exactly what you mean about paying attention to the placement of the snaps.

DawnB said...

I'm with KathyD, the Snapsource snaps are the best, I use the size 14 on doll clothes too

hjones said...

I, too, prefer the snaps. I started with buttons (authentic), but at the request of the mamas, changed to snaps. I do so love your newsletters! Keeps me up with the smocking/heirloom goings-on.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails