Sunday, February 14, 2010

The Blue Gingham Bishop

I gave you a peak of this blue gingham bishop in a previous blog, with the promise of sharing the smocking design. I had not forgotten. The problem is that it takes me almost as long to graph the design as it does to smock the dress!

I am often asked, how long it takes me to smock an outfit. I am a pretty fast smocker, so this pretty little dress was about, "two movies", or this week that would translate to several Olympic events. Between the Olympic games, and the winter weather that most of us are having, maybe we can all get some smocking in!

This is a simple design, and because there are only 6 rows of smocking, it works well on the smaller size dresses. I hope you enjoy it.
Row 1: Cable

Rows 2, 2 1/2, and 3: Baby Waves

Rows 4 1/2 and 5: 3 step Trellis, Cable 5, 3 step Trellis

Row 4 1/2: Flowerettes


The Sleeves were smocked with 3 rows of Baby Waves.

4 comments:

Laurie said...

Oh wow! Thanks so much for not only showing a beautiful blue bishop, but giving us the smocking plate too! WOW!

chelle said...

I have a pink bishop already blocked and ready to smock that I will be using your design on. Thanks

Ivory Spring said...

I used your smocking plate for a summer bishop. I just finished it yesterday.... pictures are here:
http://ivoryspring.wordpress.com/2010/07/16/done-summer-smocked-bishop/#comments

Thanks for sharing the design.

Anna said...

I am wondering if a sz 5-6 would be small enough for this? The bishop is pre gathered with 9 rows. Feel free to leave a reply on my blog or pansi2@aol.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails